“If we spent as much time feeling positive about getting older, as we do
trying to stay young, how much different our lives would be?” — Rob Brown
Senior Transition Assistance
Does your loved one need to downsize to a smaller home, to an assisted living facility or move in with family? Or maybe, they just need to reorganize their current space to better fit their lifestyle.
Let FOCAL POINT make that difficult transition less stressful for everyone.
- I have 20 years of experience in health care as a Nursing Assistant and a Physical Therapist Assistant. I have worked in acute care, inpatient and outpatient rehab, nursing homes and home health.
- I have a great deal of experience with clients dealing with Stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Spinal Cord Injury, Joint Replacement, Cardiac Disease, Alzheimer’s and General Debilitation, etc.
- I understand the importance of providing them with a safe environment to Maintain or even Increase their Independence and Your Peace of Mind.
I’ve done many home assessments over the years and I know how to choose and place items for function and safety.
I will treat them with the dignity and compassion they deserve.
I am a Senior Redesign Professional, certified through Redesign For Retirement Living.
FOCAL POINT can help with:
- Space planning to ensure safe passage with a cane, walker or wheelchair throughout the home
- Choosing furniture that not only fits the space and is comfortable, but making sure the client can safely get up and down from that furniture
- Having enough lighting and proper placement of switches
- Appropriate placement of equipment in the bathroom and being sure the client knows how to manuever safely
- Organizing items in the kitchen for ease of use and safety
- Offer tips to decrease confusion with medications
- Suggest ways to keep cherished mementos without cluttering the space and causing safety concerns
- Provide them with a warm, cozy and inviting space they will want to call home
As with all FOCAL POINT services, I can do as much or as little as you like.
- Written Consultations with detailed instructions for you to follow to Full Service Redesign of the space.
- If your loved one needs to sell their current home, I can help choose the items to keep and then stage the house to sell.
- I have access to several reliable sources to help with any improvements that may be necessary as well as realtor, moving and auction assistance as needed.
- I also have access to a variety of high quality health care providers to assist with medical needs and information.
We are proudly serving Evansville, Newburgh, Mt. Vernon, Princeton, IN and Henderson, Owensboro, KY.
Please call Brenda Pelz at 812.470.1716 or email email@example.com
From babies to baby boomers,
Focal Point is there for every stage of life!